Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our latest remodel!




Ashton has a major obsession with the toilet. He is always putting things in it: phones, toys, whole rolls of toilet paper, his hands, shoes, food (and has been seen to quickly take it out and put it in his mouth before it gets taken away from him) and any other object he can make a break away with to the bathroom. We close the doors, but there are always times when they do get left open, and then disaster strikes.

Well one particular day, Reagan was using the bathroom and I was helping her. What happened next was such a blur it is hard to tell; however, I will attempt. As I was washing my hands the major stinker (Reagan uses that phrase for him at times) snuck in behind me and as Reagan flushed the toilet he threw a lid from a sippee cup in the toilet. Panicked I looked over thinking, "Oh that is too big it will never go down." And I was right, until the toilet miraculously flushed a second time and took the lid with it. Well Jared thought it was funny. I was furious and knew we would have problems. Jared and his dad thought they had fixed the problem that night. But the next day when two days worth of sewage came overflowing into our bathroom I didn't see Jared laughing anymore. Needless to say it was a huge mess, and no I did not take any pictures of that and am not posting anything like that on my blog! It took a lot of hard work, expensive tools, and lots of muscle to finally unwedge that stupid lid from the bend of the toilet pipe things. In our effort to get the lid out the toilet broke. We finally got the mess cleaned up and a new toilet put in, and Ashton is still at the toilet every chance he gets. But look at the bright side. . . I don't think he will be scared of the toilet when it comes time to potty train. Actually the toilet will probably be funny, and serve as a reminder of the "good ol' days."

5 comments:

Jeana said...

He might not be scared of the toilet, but I'm sure the toiled will be scared of him! :) Thanks for all the updates!

Darin and Kali said...

That is so funny!

jen said...

Oh wow! I was laughing so hard at that video! And now I'm terrified of Mason growing ANY bigger than he is right now! I love that he was eating the soggy TP. Awesome. Oh, and your family picture is so cute! What a handsome family!

Josh and Kristen said...

Um, I can totally relate. Boys are just wired different from girls. I was cracking up at the messes he has made in one of your recent posts. Hope you don't mind that I peeked in on your blog!
Kristen (Kremin) Baumgarten

Barrettes and Bows said...

Hahaha..POOP..on your floor..funny!