Monday, November 10, 2008

Evil Kenevil meet REAGAN!



So I know that those of you who happened to see that last post before this I am sure are wondering (as Audra apparently was), "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?" Well, how now, brown cow! She deserved it! Just kidding! Well, for those of you that know Reagan you know what a little dare devil she is! She decided that it would be a good idea to climb to the top of the haystack conveniently placed in our backyard (in case hard times come. . . you know with the new President elect Barack obama who knows what will happen?) and tried to aim to jump in the wheelbarrow placed about 5 feet away! Well apparently she missed!

Okay. Now for those of you who really know Reagan you know that there is no way that is true! Actually, Reagan is a little miniature mama! She was helping me dip caramels in chocolate and of course, Ashton came over and opened that cupboard and started ripping all of the bowls out just as quickly as he could! Reagan tried to correct his horrific actions and as she started to chide him, she leaned over the counter to far and let gravity take over! Now I am sure that most of you are thinking the same think I did at that time! She is TWO years old, there is no way it can be broken. Maybe a sprain or something, but her flexible little bones aren't going to crack with a fall like that, besides how many times did I drop her on her head and she was fine (kidding again)? So the mean mom I am I made her wait for THREE days before I finally took her to the ER! She was favoring it and it was kind of swollen, but my dear doctor dad's words were familiar and had always been true for me ("Ehh, she'll be okay.") so I waited, until she simply fell down again and it swelled up really fast again and Jared and I decided that maybe we better have it looked at!

I think the doctor was amazed that she went that long and was so tough with it before we brought her in. So all in all with as many falls and absolute crazy things Ashton climbs on and over and everything REAGAN the nurturer and gentle girl broke her arm first! She was so good and cute with her cast though! No one could write on it though, she doesn't like the gaudy look!

3 comments:

jen said...

How sad!! But it seems that she's being a good sport about it! Amen to that Barack stuff. I meant to write you back about the whole 'second coming' thing. Man, election night I just felt an overwhelming feeling of 'destruction is imminent' (to which Tony told me to suck it up and stop moping). Funny story: so I think I told you how political my family is and everything. My 10 year old brother had to color in a map of the states on election night with which way the electoral college was going, and after he finally realized that even if McCain won all the possible states he had a chance at, he would fall short of 270, he says "Well... I guess the Second Coming must be getting really close". A little while later he comes into the room with his trumpet and starts playing taps. Sad. Other story you may think is funny (or just taking way too much space on your blog): My dad bet the doctor who shares a clinic with him a coke on who would win. When he lost, my mom had him buy a 20 oz coke, take the label off, and give it to the guy. He said "Well, I guess you won. Here's your prize, though you don't know what you're going to get!" The doctor laughed and upon learning it was my mom's idea, said he finally met someone more conservative than my dad.

Stacey said...

Poor Reagan, I hope she feels better. It's probably nice to have a little mini mama sometimes to help out. So can we live with you when the country implodes on itself? Sounds like you have the grains and meat... we'll bring the water and flashlights.

Jared West said...

awww...she's still so cute!! I can't believe I didn't see you on Sunday!!! SOOOOO MADDDDDD!!!!!